- sangam literature,
- life systle,
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Gandhidurai S
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
In Sangam literature, theology was structured accurately and it was an important part of the lives of the Tamil people in that period. In Tamilian's custom, people were greatly devoted and faith towards the God. They prayed God to help them succeed in their attempts, to avoid harm and to have peaceful life in the present and after life. Worshiping of God began in the early days of the Sangam period. First they started worshipping of nature and it grows into an ancestral worship and then flourished to religious worship today. In this article we will see about how the deities were worshipped by the people of the Sangam period.
- Dhachanamoorhy, A., (2011). Thamizar Nagarikamum panbaadum, Yal pathippagam, Chennai.
- Madhaiyan, Pe., (2004). Sangakaala inakkulu samuthayamum arasu uruvakkamum, Pavai Pathippagam, Chennai.
- Nadarasan, Thi. Su., (2019). Thamizar panpaattu veligal, NCPH, Chennai.
- Raasamaanickanaar, Maa, (1995.) Thamizhar Nagarigamum Panpaadum, Paari Nilaiyam, Chennai - 01.
- Saaminathaiyar, V., (1974). Paththuppaattu Moolamum, Uraiyaasiriyar Bhaaraththuvaasi
- Nachchinaarkkiniyar Uraiyum, U.V. Saaminathaiyar Nuul Nilaiyam, Thiruvaanmaiyur, Chennai – 41.
- Sanga Ilakkiyam (Paththuppaattu, Ettuththogai), (1998). New Century Book House (P) Ltd, 41- B, SIDCO Industrial Estate, Ambattur, Chennai - 98.
- Selvarasu, Na., (1988). Sanga ilakkiyamum samuga vaalviyalum, Manivasakar pathippagam, Chennai.
- Saamy, P.L., (1978). Thaai Theiva Vazhipaadu, First Edition., Chennai -90.