- Punarchi rules,
- New rules
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Manonmani Devi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Next to the canonical Tholkaappiyam, the book entitled 'Nannool' stands out as the one that closely follows the Tamil grammatical tradition. This book can be considered as a sequel to the 'Tholkaappiyam' with respect to the rudimentary Tamil grammar rules used, though some of which have been omitted over the years, with some improvisations added. 'Nannool' has fine-tuned some aspects which Tholkaappiyam had eleborated in detail to an easier & simplified version of understanding and at the same time consolidated the grammar knowledge within it. The 'word punarchi' rules found in 'Nannool' along with the new added-on 'word punarchi' rules not mentioned in Tholkaappiyam are looked at closely and reviewed in detail in this study. This is the primary aim of this study.
- Alagesan, S. (2007). Ilakkanap Paarvaikalum Pathivugalum, Segar Publication, Chennai.
- Aravinthan, M.,V. (2013). UraiyaasiriyarkaL. Manivaasagar Publication, Chennai.
- Arunasalam, M. (1972). Tamil Ilakkiya varalaaru(11th century), Ganthi Vithyaalayam Publication, Chennai.
- Ilampuranar, (1964). Tholkaappiya Eluthathigaaram. Kazaga Veliyiidu Thirunelveli Thenninthiya Saiva Sittantha Nudpathippu Kazagam, Chennai.
- Maniccam, S., B. (1989). Tholkaappiyak Kadal. Manivasagar Publication. Chennai.
- Rasaram, S. (2010). Ilakkanaviyal Mikkoodpaadum KodpaadukaLum, Kalacchuvadu Publication, Chennai.
- Sangara Namacchivayar, (1968). Nannul – Sanggara Namacchivaya Viruththiyurai, Saiva Sitthanda Nudpathippu Kazakam, Chennai.
- Seeni Naina Mohamed, S.(2010). Tamil Chodpunarchik KodpaadukaLum Puthiya Vithigalum, Semmoli Maanaaddin Malaysiakkadduraikal, Maaysia Tamil Writers Association Publication.
- Shanmugam, S.,V. (2004). IlakkaNa Aivu, Meyyappan Publication, Chithambaram.
- Sivalinganar. A. (1983). Tholkaappiya Eluthathigaram(Uraivalam Punariyal). Ulaga Tamil Arachi Niruvanam, Chennai.
- Supramaniyan, I.(1989). Tholkaappiya Eluthu Padala Peerurai, Tamil Valarchi Padalam, Chennai.
- Vellaivaaranar (1998). Tholkaappiyam-Nannul(ezuthathigaram), Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar.
- Veluppillai, A. (2002). Tamil Varalaarru Ilakanam, Kumaran Book House, Kolumbu-Chennai.