A DESCRIPTIVE PERSPECTIVE OF THE BACKGROUND TO THE NOVEL RESURRECTION AND LEO TOLSTOY'S CONVERSION
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Nandhini P, Veeralakshmi S
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This article sets out to illustrate the background of the Resurrection novel. Writer and Philosopher Tolstoy’s this novel based on true story. Russia’s major historical event also sets the stage for the writing of this novel. Tolstoy wrote this novel to protect the live hoods of Dukhobors. By the time he finishes writing this novel, Tolstoy facing a number of legal issues and health problems. Regarding the drastic actions of the Russian military, this article also explains how Tolstoy helped the Dukhobors immigrate to Canada.
- Figes, O. (1924) A People’s Tragedy: The Russian Revolution, Mascow Publication, 1924, Russia.
- Ramakrishnan, S. (2017) Enatharumai Tolstoy, Desanthiri Publication, Chennai, India
- Tolstoy Leo, (1900) Resurrection, Niva Publication, Russia
- Tolstoy Leo, (2008) Biography, Spider Publication, Chennai, India
- Tolstoy Sergri, (1910) Sergei Tolstoy and the Doukhobors: A Journey to Canada, Russia.